Wednesday 2 April 2014

Onions and Lettuce are big leggy...

A week on from planting my seeds and there is definitely signs of life, unfortunately sun shine has been limited so a few seedlings have been straining themselves to seek out some light.



My lettuce and onion plants have grown very leggy, so I decided to move them on into individual cells.  I have buried them deep in new compost in a bid to help them grow big and strong.



If anyone is wondering about my strange post title, it is a reference to an eighties song 'John Wayne is big leggy' by Haysi Fantayzee.


I don't know that much about them, I was about six or seven when they were on the go.  One thing I do know is that I was probably jumping round my parents living room to 'The Top of the Pops' performance I have posted a link to below. :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXu8hd49ZZM&feature=kp


No comments:

Post a Comment