Thursday 24 April 2014

Getting seedy...

With my dinner cooking away in the oven, I decided to nip out a throw a few seeds about the place.  I started with Virginian stock.  I made a couple of lines at the end of a bed and disrupted the seeds, there not to far from were a lone stock that is there due to a broadcast two years previous.



In another flower bed, and once I'd performed the unsavoury task of removing cat droppings,  I made a uneven cross shape and scattered my Californian poppy seeds.  I've tried to grow poppies from seed before without success.  I am sure the black birds have them when my backs turned, either way I've kept some back to scatter over pots of compost at a later date.  Jobs done, I went back in to the house, thoroughly wash my hands and sat down to enjoy my slice of pizza :).

No comments:

Post a Comment