Friday 9 May 2014

What type of gardener are you?




According to 'The Daily mail on line', there are six type of gardeners.  Now I don't about anyone else but I don't think I fall into any particular category, anyway according to this article the list is as follows:

Nothing to water?  I don't fall into this section, however I could quite happily path over the front garden as it's more moss than grass.  Although if I did I would like those style new pavers which allows the rain to seep through to the soil.  
 
Hands off? Well I can be this by accident.  I have a few plants down the side of my house that I quite often forget about.  However when I do check on them they seem to be doing well without my interfering.
 
Casual?  This means you have a few token plants and water with a jug/watering can. I don't about anyone else but in Summer when water is limited, I do use jugs of water from washing salads to give the garden a drink.
 
High Tech?  I'll admit this isn't me personally, more my hubby in those few hours of the year when he decides to get involved.  So out come the sprinklers or the latest gadget he's bought down the garden centre.  Not that his interest lasts, he soon gets bored and goes back to tinkering with his motorbike. ;D
 
Green fingered? Apparently this means you grow fruit, veg, have a water butt and like to attract wild life.  Hang on?  Is it just me?  Or isn't that just gardening?
 
Amateur enthusiast? This means you have a small patch that you fill with fruit and veg in tubs.  Guilty as charged there.  So I guess I am a Casual, hands off, green figured enthusiast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment