Wednesday 14 May 2014

Jumpers for plants?


With some little slimy blighters causing havoc in my green house, I decided to take action.  I am not a big fan of slug pellets, I think they're cruel plus I prefer to garden with little to no chemicals.  However on a recent shopping trip I came across wool pellets, a natural alternative to those poisons.  Apparently the wool dries up the slugs foot, so obviously they're not so keen to hang around to have a snack.

I applied a thin layer over my over wintered geraniums, and a week in it seems to be doing the trick. One plant that had almost being eaten has started to grown back thanks to it's new jumper.

If there's a draw back I'd say it's the smell.  After watering there's definitely a whiff of odour la sheep, so maybe I won't use them in any pots directly under a window!  Despite the pong I 'am impressed  and I have even bought some more for when my pot luck seedlings finally venture out doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment