Sunday 2 November 2014

Halloween Pumpkins

I haven't been out in the garden much in the past couple of weeks, a chest infection has kept me inside with the TV and peanut M and M's for company.

I did however venture out on Halloween, I had to buy some more sweets for trick or treaters (the M and M's had originally been for them :) and to see the impressive pumpkin carving in the window of the local florist.


The flower shop always put on a good display this time of year, and many of the other businesses had followed suit with ghosts and plastic skeletons decorating their shop fronts.

Back home I decorated my fire place. We weren't having a party, but I thought make the place spooky anyway to cheer myself up :D.


My home grown baby bear found a spot on the mantel, along with another small but perfectly formed pumpkin I bought from the supermarket.  And this tiny cucurbit wasn't my only purchase that day.


I picked up what the supermarket called a 'culinary variety'.  But before it found itself being made into a creamy soup, it had a make over for Halloween.


I stuck to a simple but funny face which I lit up with two battery powered tea lights.  I also gave him hair style thanks to a young spider plant and lets face it, no leafy 'do' wouldn't be complete without a plastic eight legged creepy crawly wondering through it at this time of year! 

As dusk descended my spooky creation took his place in the living room window, where he was admired by the many mini witches and ghouls who visited our house that night!

I have to admit though carving a pumpkin, even a small one, when your under the weather is tiring. I had to have a coffee break, and my drink of choice a latte topped with a coco pumpkin!

 
Hope you all had a good Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment