Sunday 7 September 2014

Christmas time....

It's not only the supermarkets that have recently become preoccupied with Christmas.  I have also started making plans for 'The most wonderful time of the year.' :P

The beginning of September is when my poinsettia house plant finds itself getting an early night, as I limit it's time in the day light to seven/six hours. All in a bid to grow yuletide leaves.


Here's the plant with it's summer growth, there's even some faded red here and there.
 
I wish I had a picture of the plant when I first bought a two years ago.  It was nothing more than a scattering of tiny leaves!  It definitely had a growth spurt.  It also put on a good show of red last year too, following a month or two in a dark cupboard.
 
 

Fingers crossed it should be glowing with festive cheer again this year.  I'll keep you posted.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment