Tuesday 10 June 2014

Pumpkin drama

I' am currently in the process of hardening off my jack 'o' lantern plant when horrors of horrors the wind got up and caused the main stem to bend.
 


At first I was going to leave until Friday when I planned to plant it out with my other squashes.  However on seeing the local forecast, and seeing that the weather is settled for a few days.  I've decided what the heck, I'll put Jacko out before the damage gets worse.
 

So here Jacko is, buried deep in plastic pot full of compost, and with a bit of tinkering plus a trusty bamboo cane, I managed to even out the kink.  So fingers crossed this particular Pumpkin drama should be at an end.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the pumpkin! The warm weather right now should be just perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bikinggardener, the plant is definitely a lot better now it's out doors!

      Delete