Sunday 29 June 2014

A grand day out

The hubby and I have just returned from our hols.  We went to Penzance for a few days, and while we were down there I managed to charm my other half into taking me to the 'Eden Project'.


For those unfamiliar with this attraction, the 'Eden Project' is a collection of outdoor and indoor gardens (Biomes), forests and exhibitions created on the sight of a former clay pit.  The day we visited it most have been one of the hottest of the year, so the trip around the outdoor gardens was a pleasure if a bit tiring.


The first Biome we visited was the simulation of a Rainforest, complete with huge tropical plants and roul roul partridges, that weren't to keen to hang around for more than one picture.

 
 
 
Following a coffee and bit banana cake, we ventured into the Mediterranean Biome. I had to admit plant wise I preferred this Biome, not only did I spot some of my old favourites including Sunflowers, but I was also struck with a bit of Canna envy when I came across a display in full bloom.
 
 
 
All in all it was a great few hours of plant spotting, and even if your other half/family aren't keen gardeners, there's always the statues and ornaments to keep them entertained!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment