Thursday 27 March 2014

It's that time of year again....




What with spring in the air, or wind and rain if you live in the UK. I decided it was time to make a start on growing a few plants for my garden, and this year I thought I do something a little different.  I have bought two potluck bags of mixed seeds from ebay, one bag contained flowers whilst the other is veg (I tell you about them in my next blog :).

The flower seeds were a mix of the usual pansies, sweet peas and marigolds.  Plus a few surprises which included aster and chrysanthemum both of which I have never grown, so I am quite excited to see what pops up out the soil.

I've started the pansy, sweet pea, lobelia, nasturtium, aster, rudbeckia, mini sunflower, marigold in pots on the windowsill.  The rest I will put straight in the garden or in pots when the weather perks up :)



I put three sets of seeds in one tray using two extra long plant label sticks as dividers.  Window space in my house is somewhat limited!

No comments:

Post a Comment