Thursday 27 March 2014

Growing my five a day...




In my previous post I made a start on growing my pot luck collection of flower seeds, well now I am starting on the veg.

The selection I bought from ebay contains the unusual round courgette, a mixture of aubergines and tomatoes for a hanging basket.  There is also miniature lettuce, dwarf beans and cabbage.

I most admit I did grumble to myself when I saw the aubergines and tomatoes, I don't know what it is but I've never had much luck growing them.  The tomatoes are either tiny or non existent and when I have attempted aubergines, the plants put on a great flower show then drop off taking the potential veg with them.

If there's anyone out there reading this who is an expert in tomatoes and/or aubergines, please drop me a line and tell me were I am going wrong.  That would be fantastic :D

Dismal efforts aside.  I must say whenever I have grown beans and lettuce I always had an abundance, and when I grew long courgettes I would blink and it would be a marrow!  Never mind!  Me and the hubby would eat it all the same!

Anyway I started growing the tomatoes, aubergines, courgette and lettuce on my now crowded windowsill, the beans and cabbage are still sat waiting in their packets until the warmer weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment